It was a rainy and gloomy weekend outside here in Charlotte. But inside at the Knotts' house, things are looking MUCH brighter!
We are still FAR from done, but I thought I'd show you a few more in process shots
before the final reveal.
{I'm thinking we'll do an open house of sorts so you can see a little bit of our lakeside world}
For now, a fun transformation:
So here's where we started:
Painted pinkish brick (not bad, but not quite the look we are going for downstairs)
Next, Michael covered the bumpy brick with wood
{re-purposed wood from an old entertainment center)
The back porch became a second workshop....at least this one has a great view!
Next, we used liquid nails to cover the wood slats with something a bit more smooth and then added the detail work:
Here's where it all started coming together. (Probably squealing while taking this picture )
I love that moment when the vision in your head becomes a vision right before your very eyes!
Nothin' like it....
Little bit of paint, little bit of concrete, stone, and we've ALMOST got ourselves a new fireplace.
(Next step....pouring a concrete hearth. It might be good practice for those concrete counter tops I've been dreaming about!)
But just WAIT till you see the mantle we've got planned....it's rough, rustic, and looks like a giant piece of driftwood! If we can figure out how to make it stay put, it might just be a room changer :)
And OH MY GOODNESS....I can't wait to decorate that thing!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend (maybe slightly more relaxing than ours)








No comments:
Post a Comment