A Three Dollar Project (and a birthday)

Michael planned the sweetest birthday trip for me this past weekend.  
Despite the fact that I wanted to completely ignore the turning of another year {and possibly another DECADE}, he insisted on celebrating in style.  In true Michael form, he went all out and planned our little get-away down to the very last minute.
Since I  went to school at Furman University. . .
in Greenville, SC 


{Southern Charm at its finest!  You must go.}

. . .we headed down south for a little remembering and revisiting.   

Although I was having a hard time saying goodbye to my 20's, this trip reminded me that every moment is a blessing and a memory in the making.  
While sipping a cocktail and dancing to "Carolina Girls" on Main Street with my husband and my best friend, I was struck by the thought that at age 30 I have all that I've ever dreamed of!
Blessed indeed!

Now, I won't force you to scroll through the 182 pictures we took (because unless you're my mom you probably REALLY don't care)....but  what I think you MIGHT just love is this little gem of a place Michael found just outside of downtown Greenville.

It's called Old House Salvage and it truly is just that.  

A lovely Southern Gentleman and his wife live on the premises and have their barns and garage loaded with treasures from gorgeous century old homes. 
(Two of his TWO THOUSAND doors came home with us that day, but that's a surprise I'll save for later...)

Windows galore!



Gorgeous old hardwoods!  
One day.....

In the meantime, there were the tiny treasures like these chippy old molding pieces. 
I know many people turn them into coat hooks or other really clever things; but I kinda like just laying them around the house for a bit of architectural interest.




And last but not least....the $3 project I promised you about. 
While at Old House Salvage, we picked up an antique cast iron grate.
After some serious scrubbing, it's found the perfect home in my bathroom:


I love the contrast of the bright shiny colors against the industrial grate.
Quickest & Easiest project EVER.  By far.

Maybe birthdays aren't so scary after all!


Be back soon to show you what we're doing with those doors we bought.


Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment