Christmas Card Season!

I love Christmas card season - that magical time of year when checking the mail becomes the highlight of your afternoon instead of just another dreaded, mundane chore.

When credit card offers and Target ads are accompanied by colorful envelopes and friendly faces of friends old and new....Christmas is almost here!


This year, I enlisted the help of Tiny Prints for our cards.  I was amazed by their selection and the ease of the whole ordering process!  They made it SO easy that I miraculously already have ours sitting here waiting patiently to be sent out the day after Thanksgiving.  That NEVER happens!  Ever.
And, with little baby boy Knotts on the way, I feel sure that this will most likely never happen again.


Getting these daily surprises is wonderful indeed; but year after year, I seem to struggle with how to find them a fitting place in my home.  Because you know those sweet moms put MUCH thought into coordinating Christmas outfits for the kids, enlisting the help of their favorite photographer & carefully selecting the PERFECT card to sum up a year in the life of their families.  (Or is that just me?)

Regardless these beauties need a spot to shine this season.  Because...truly opening them is only half the fun- the real joy comes in seeing these sweet faces every day in that magical time between Thanksgiving and New Years.

You could always go the tradition route of ribbons and clothespins or sit them atop a mantle.  Both great options.  If you're like me, however, and are up for a little DIY Christmas card challenge, I think you'll like this easy idea:

1.  Find an old frame (shop your house or Goodwill first...you  never know what you'll find for little to no cost.)  Just be sure it's large enough to hold all of those gorgeous friends of yours.
I ran across this one while thrifting last Saturday:


2. Give it a fresh coat of paint (if needed.)  I just dry brushed ours with a coat of Annie Sloan's Paris Grey Chalk Paint.  I wanted some of that gorgeous wood to show through and add a little dimension as well.


3.  String twine across the back and attach with a stapler!  It's THAT easy!


4.  Start hanging those cards just as fast as they roll in!
(If your frame fills up quickly, rotate the cards as much as you like.  The extras could always be compiled into a little coffee table book....just punch a whole through them, tie a ribbon & admire your fabulous friends all season.)


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment